Friday, February 25, 2011

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits SOUP TIME!

Here are the wonderful ingredients I received from my Soup Sister Amanda Cargill Austin.

When I opened the package, which was beautiful in itself, I was mesmerized by the colors.

Dreamy blues, frosty greens and shades in between. I automatically thought of oceans and shores and all the bits of life and things that inhabit that space.

I knew I wanted to do something with an organic feel. And then I put the beads on my desk and promtly lost them in the rubble.



Early this week I realized I had better get cracking as Soup Time was fast approaching. My first task was to locate the beads.

I rummaged around until I uncovered them & realized I had some killer pearls that had to go with my soup ingredients.(no, they actually don't really kill anything but damn they are cool).

But wait! There's more! I have seed beads up the wazzoo. And I found several hanks of various sizes and colors that were destined to join the soup. Along with these elements I gathered assorted bits and pieces thay were laying around in the wreckage that called to me including a lovely Czech glass shell bead, one of my cermic padlocks and some of my faceted spacer beads.



As I piled them altogether I fell in love with the chaos and unstructured random look of all those beautiful elements.

So that was it. That was my soup. I impressed myself with my aptitude for artiness. HA! My triumph was short lived as it occurred to me I had no idea how I was going to hold it all together. It happens all the time. I excite myself with my genius & then reality pisses all over it.

Now the challenge was how to construct something unconstructed.

I found a roll of sturdy annealed steel wire and made a simple crescent frame.

I used wire to add all the elements, weaving in and out and filling the spaces as I went along.

I am quite happy with the end result- especially for not having a real plan in my head. (And I did it mostly in bed with 3 farty dogs and a bucket of 12 hr Cold relief)

It ties on with a sea-foamy green silk ribbon.

I hope you enjoy the Bead Soup blog hop and check out all the other dishes.

& Thank you Lori for hosting this & Amanda for sending such yummy soup starter. I cannot wait to see what you have done with the things I sent you.

XXOO


LOOK AT ALL THIS SOUP!:


1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life
3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane
4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio
5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things
8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe
9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto
10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio


11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
12. Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts
13. Marian Hertzog, M's Place
14. Mary McGraw, MK's Musings
15. Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita
16. Deci Worland, Gem Trails
17. Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found
18. Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs
19. Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
20. Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats


21. Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs
22. Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim
23. Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu
24. Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads
25. Deb Hunter, Living On Air
26. Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio
27. Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads
28. Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
29. Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts
30. Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul


31. Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium
32. Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus
33. Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble
34. Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design
35. Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
36. Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs
37. Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works
38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights
39. Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire
40. Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio


41. Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's
42. Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions
43. Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya
44. Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
45. Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles
46. Melissa Mesara, One Eared Pig
47. Amanda Davie, Articulations
48. Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady
49. Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux


51. Lori Dorrington, Lori's Glassworks
52. Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
53. Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde
54. Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog
55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning
56. Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
57. Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio
58. Amy Freeland, Copper Diem
59. Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Lisa


60. Sandi Lee James, Do Be Do Bead Do
61. Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog
62. Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon
63. Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs
64. Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
65. Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
66. Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.
67. Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash
68. Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique
69. Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver



70. Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
71. YOU ARE HERE! Diane Hawkey
72. Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
73. Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix
74. Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems
76. Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium
77. Valerie Norton, Hot Art
78. Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden
79. Amy Severino, Amy Beads


80. Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook
81. Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy
82. Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
83. Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
84. Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs
85. Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries
86. CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka
87. Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae
88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy
89. Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations


90. Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss
91. Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous
92. Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead
93. Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations
94. Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof
95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio
96. Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
97. Cindy Dolezal, Cindy Dolezal Designs
98. Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue
99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads


101. Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio
102. Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations
103. Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios
104. Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore
105. Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations
106. Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky
107. Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric
108. Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs
109. Grace Danel, Grace Beading
110. Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman


111. Agnes Shapiro, Beader Bubbe
112. Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo
113. Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs
114. Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me
115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf
116. Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer
117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles
118. Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie
119. Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart
120. Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs


121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven
122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings
123. Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass
124. Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks
125. Hazel Ward, All Those Things
126. Brenda Salzano, Salzanos
127. Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee
128. Anna Denisova, Anita-M
129. Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry


130. Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads
131. Penny Neville, Copper Penny
132. Angela Blasingame, Hopemore
133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog
134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs
136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies
137. Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art
138. Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.
139. Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter


140. Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy
141. Heather Pyle, Welcome to My Muse
142. Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
143. Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts
144. Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense
145. Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique
146. Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads
147. Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul
148. Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me
149. Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog


150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
151. Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T
152. Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals
153. Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area
154. Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta
156. Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef
157. Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
158. Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color
159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman


160. Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory
161. Collette Collins, Firefly Myst
162. Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed
163. Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu
164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio
165. Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra
166. Anna Motz, Stunning
167. Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings
168. Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
169. Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings


170. Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
171. Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones
172. Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs
173. Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass
174. Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre
176. Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog
177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio
178. Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
179. Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux

180. Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
181. Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art
182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog
183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen
184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink
185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin
186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer
187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels
188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry
189. Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos

190. Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.
191. Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
192. Hilary Frye, FryeStyle
193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini
194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse
195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between
196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets
197. Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts
198. Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs
199. Karen Williams, Baublicious

200. Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend
201. Christine Damm, Stories They Tell
202. Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts
203. Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs
204. Juli Cannon, Julsbeads
205. Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique
206. Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry
207. Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads
208. Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love
209. Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry
210. Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread

86 comments:

  1. very creative, to think you managed all that in bed with a cold and the dogs as well! Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I love your piece. Using a wire frame is such a good idea. I love all the pieces piled up together, in such an artistic way, I might add. Just like a wave left them on the beach. And I love your post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It's like a tide pool. I have a farty dog sitting next to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab necklace! The bead mix reminds me of the sea: always in motion, blended colours, treasures under the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like a tide pool. How perfect is that, Amanda is right there at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tide Pool! thats the word I was looking for! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, woah, woah! That is one impressive necklace! I'm bowled over by your skills; it looks like it just magically holds together. XD I have no idea how you did that, but let me tell you, it looks fantastic! Someone else mentioned a tide pool; that is the perfect work for it. So beautiful, such nice use of the colors and elements. Fabulous work!

    P.S. I think you're so creative. :D That little intro sign is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. tide pool - perfect word*** for it.
    I hate typos. XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is crazycool! And you are hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Isn't it amazing what you can come up with when you are in an altered state of consciousness (ie. the farty dogs and the cold medicine). Love what you came up with! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZA~ Diane that is insanely GORGEOUS! (picking my jaw up off the floor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amanda is one of my dearest friends and I have a lot of her lampwork beads! They are delightful, wonderful and amazing! I love what you created! I can not even imagine being able to do something so complex!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rich and stunning! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it. So complex and unified at the same time. I bead off of a large tray, sitting in bed watching Judge Judy. There are always beads under the bead mat, a jumble. Sometimes I just make something out of them, so I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. whoa! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A drop dead gorgeous necklace! Tide Pool is the perfect name. I laughed out loud while reading your post. Don't you just love helpful "fur" children????? CJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...I am thinking the cold helped you out a bit with the farty dogs lol! Did you say you made this in a week??? Holy cannolli your good! Beautiful theme and necklace - you did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I let out a little gasp when I saw the beautiful chaos that is your soup! I love it, Diane! So wild and free and untamed. But I actually snorted out my coffee over this line, "I excite myself with my genius & then reality pisses all over it." BWAHAHAHA! You never fail to make me smile.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  20. 3 farty dogs, eah??? Funny!!! well it obviously worked to inspire you to greatness. This is such a cool piece - truly unique....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful bead soup of blues... Diane you're SO creative, this artistic necklace reminds me of a lost sunken ocean treasure ~ I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. "I excite myself with my genius & then reality pisses all over it." I SO relate to that! I love what you came up though. Way make reality work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Diane, this necklace rocks. Oh, and your post cracked me up. You...are....awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow - That is one of the most amazing pieces I've ever seen! So beautiful. Love what you did with the wreckage. It turned out to be a rosy smelling pile of rubble! Very, very cool jewelz.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! What an amazing piece of art! I'm so incredibly impressed. I could never have done anything close to that. And how clever your starting image is!

    VERY well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. incredible diane! i can't believe that necklace was waiting in those beads. what amazing colors and oh my, so much work! you have a wonderful design there... wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, that's amazing! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. #209 here...love this piece, reminds me of something from the ocean, great job...

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a really incredible pc youve made...so original and Nice! Just beautiful. I cant say enough and I admire what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  30. "I excite myself with my genius & then reality pisses all over it." LOL, I love it! For the first time in my life I am speechless ;) You were such a fun partner, I LOVE how you took the collection I sent to such an artistically unique level, BRAVO!!! XXOO :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Diane! That is a true statement necklace! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful piece! It makes me think of a sunken sea chest full of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, very cool piece! I would totally wear this!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So cool - I totally thought this was a bead woven piece until you talked about the wire frame - incredible job! I agree it looks like a tide pool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Incredible beadwork! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am in awe of how something that beautiful comes into existence..you have amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is pure genius! Not only can you bead like a master, you can write too. I laughed through the whole post! snort!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm falling in love with the planned chaos look too. And you it so artfully! And I love that your genius prevailed! Stunning! You got mad skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. can only think of one word right now WOW!!!!! & your cute little word beas are so adorable;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. now this is what i call a statement piece. The first thing I thought when I saw it: " wow how did she attach those to each other?" Very very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What an impressive piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow this is really cool, I love the colors, and like many before me have said it reminds me of the sea, after a storm......all the little treasures thrown up by the waves and all mixed together, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Awesome Results Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOW! lovely desgin; I love the color. You have a great sense of balance. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very nice and out of the box for sure. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  47. WOWZERS McGILLICUTY. This necklace rocks. I love killer pearls (the ones that don't actually kill)This is a great soup design, such a statement piece. I am assuming uou did your partner proud!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh my goodness what an awesome design and the colors didn't hurt I love those color design Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love what you created!!! Stunning piece. You brought it all together beautifully.

    I am sorry about the dogs - know what that is like! Stinky! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  50. OMG, fantastic piece! So much work, so much talent! I am wowed! I do not have a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  51. OMG! That is gorgeous!! I think that dog farts just excite your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Mmmm, I am dreaming of being at the beach and all that wonderfulness washing up by my toes. Love that large focal just off center. What a narvelous mess you made!@! Love it. I like soup stock you used-Freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow, that is a piece of art, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love this! I could never make anything this intricate and so quickly! I have 4 farty dogs and 1 farty cat so I laughed my ass off when I read that!
    Love it!
    A new follower, Shannon C

    ReplyDelete
  55. It does kinda look like the photo below with the willy nilly going on and I love that you were able to keep that look while putting the whole thing together. It ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  56. what an awesome set of beady goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow one of the most creative I have seen so far. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very cool necklace! In my top 10 favorites I think!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I agree with some of the comments, it's like the seaside! Job well done, this is truly unique

    ReplyDelete
  60. I think your BEAD SOUP necklace is truly STUNNING friend!!! It's diffently 1 of my favorites of the day!!!
    I would love to have something so eye catching & creative.
    Excellent job on your Soup girl, I just LOVEEE it!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love how this came together. Your necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I forgot to mention that I love the banner that your friend made for you. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Diana, oh hello!! What an incredible, motion-filled necklace this is! It's gorgeous, oceanlike, and divine.

    ReplyDelete
  64. This completely captures a rocky beach- fantastic craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love these types of designs. Wish I had the know how an patience for it. You did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow! That is such an interesting piece! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Gosh ... I love the way you knotted everything together, looks so interesting and I like the colors :o)

    ReplyDelete
  68. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous necklace! And they way you brought (and kept) all of those elements togeter... genius!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow what a gorgeous soup mix - those blues and greens are just gorgeous. I adore what you have created... absolutely stunning. Well done!

    Karyn
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love the colors of your bead soup (they're definitely some of my favorites) I knew you couldn't go wrong with those colors.
    And, you didn't. I'm amazed at how you constructed it. This seems like something you would have done before. It's done so well!
    I'm now kicking myself for not thinking MORE outside the box like so many of you other Soupers did. There's always August! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Fabulous! Love the randomness of the piece and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  72. For a girl with no plan (and a bad cold) you sure made a fantastic necklace...it's absolutely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  73. If you could do such stunning work in bed, with a cold and 3 ----- dogs, I can only imagine what you could accomplish on a normal day at a work table, without a cold and 3 ----- dogs, because I don't think the dogs could be any different. Love the necklace, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love the wildness of the piece and the humor in your writing. Gorgeous piece and I'm glad you managed to make your vision a reality ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  75. You did a great job! I love how you put it together - and your right - it's totally wild! I was looking at it going, "how on earth did she do that?" and then remembered I should keep reading :P

    ReplyDelete
  76. Gorgeous & impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  77. My very favorite color palette! This necklace is stunning, great bead soup.

    ReplyDelete
  78. great colours you got & what a wonderful tumble of beads you have made

    ReplyDelete
  79. Superbly chaotic! Love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Love your creation of chaos! It's perfect! Love, Love, Love!

    And thank you for sharing your process! I tend to create by the seat of my pants and enjoyed traveling down your unstructured journey!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Absolutely beautiful array of blues and greens and talent.....great job.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I totally LOVE this design!!! It speaks to my Chaotic live! Not only are you a Ceramic Bead Artist, but a fabulous designer as well. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Amazing! What an original and creative design - beautiful colours....you two are a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  84. #161 here
    I am still blog hopping:)

    Love your blue theme necklace.So cool!!

    ReplyDelete