Sunday, February 23, 2014

Goodbye little friend

When I came home from Tucson I had to say goodbye to an old friend.  Kirby had been little friend and  my companion for 14 years. The night I returned home I knew immediately something was wrong. I kept him comfortable  through the night and took him to the vet first thing in the morning.
His heart hard become too enlarged for his little body. So we gently led him across the bridge where his brother Buster has been waiting for him.
It was sort of poetic that Kirby died because his heart was too big. He always had a big heart full of love and sweetness. He had waited for me to  return from my trip before he told us  it was time for him to go.  I am grateful for the chance to say goodbye and be there to help him as he crossed over.
It was with great sadness that I said goodbye to such a fine fellow. The house is quieter without him I miss him snarfing around the barrel of my chair well I worked in the studio there will never be another dog quite like Kirby. Goodbye old friend thank you for all the love you gave me anywhere after and smiles during this past 14 years together you will always be remembered.

1 comment:

  1. So VERY sorry for your precious loss. What would we be without the gift of our lovely doggers..? Having to let a cherished pet go is the hardest. May your Sunday night be filled with wonderful memories & inspiration for -- perhaps? -- another pup... Let little Kirby shine on in your wonderful art, as I know he will shine thru your heart.

    ReplyDelete