Monday, February 23, 2015

Tucson Trail

 Lucky me, I got to spend several days in Tucson at the beginning of the month. It was warm sunny and beautiful and I was surrounded by beads and friends. What more could a girl ask for?
Unfortunately I had to come back home to the frozen north and have been in a funk ever since.
This  last week has been too cold to work in my studio I couldn't keep my hands warm enough to make them work properly.
I have spent much time fantasizing about the warm weather and sunny skies of the southwest. Even the road trip there and back was restorative. Three days of driving gives your mind a chance to disconnect from your everyday life.


A beautiful and sad detour in St Louis.


The iconic arch.

Miles of quiet emptiness

Even the snow in New Mexico seemed special. Stupid to drive in, but it looked special.

I really love the southwest. There is something in the air that feels different, more relaxed. Maybe its because I can leave my troubles at home. I don't know.  
But I'm back home smack dab in the middle of a cold bleak Michigan winter, wishing I was somewhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment