Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Death & Taxes

"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

That, according to Ben Franklin.

"Pinky is ded" That, according to my daughter Maura.

This week I have been busy with both.
If you think that being an artist is a romantic way of life, come visit me when I am working on my taxes... Better yet come visit me when my husband is working on his taxes. It is ugly. That is all I will say.
I have finished my paper work & I am waiting for my husband to finish his so we can present it to our preparer.
Needless to say I have not been feeling very creative this week.
To top off this delight I had to plan a funeral for Pinky


Pinky was my daughter's betta fish. it lived at our house for only 3 days before I was awoke with her cries at 7 am.

"Mom Pinky is just floating. Come and see. I think she is dead"

Just so you know, I am not a morning person. This is not a good way to wake me up.

I did get up and do my best to deal with the tragedy. Yep, Pinky was dead. Not much you can do with a dead fish, so I made my coffee and promised her we would have a funeral. She made invitations (see above)and decorated a small cardboard earring box to use as a casket.

We buried Pinky in the backyard in our little pet cemetery.
She is resting next to Lulu our dear cat, Roscoe our other dear cat, Roscoe our dear snail and the too-many-to-name sea monkeys (Just so you know- we had to find this out the hard way, sea monkeys don't drink milk. That is probably why you don't see them in any of those "got milk?" ads.)

So Pinky Rest in Peace.

~:~:~:~:~

I did manage to get a few more things listed on Etsy in the midst of all this tragedy.

Here is a nutty little fellow complete with acorn beads and my new acorn toggle.



No comments:

Post a Comment