Wednesday, July 07, 2010

No bees, no honey; no work, no money


I wonder if the bees ever get weary of their vocation? Do they fly into my garden and say to themselves"Oh Crap! look at all the damn flowers! I will be pollinating all freakin day!"?
Or do they just take it one flower at a time, never worrying about what the day will bring?
This morning I looked at my pile of beads to glaze and said to myself "Oh Crap! I will be glazing all day!" I did glaze all day, 6 hours straight, and only conquered maybe half of the pile.
This means tomorrow will bring the same thing.
No bees, no honey; no work, no money.
I should not complain though. I had the benefit of air conditioning all day. The bees are not so lucky.

4 comments:

  1. this is hilarious.

    have you seen the Bee Movie? if not, you should, it's really funny. This post reminded me of it.

    p.s. those are a lot of beads!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really relate to this. I love making beads. The grind is getting out there and selling them. The sad part is that I'm selling them so I can afford to make more! Today as I pound the virtual pavement I'll be thinking about your bees. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts... I too wonder how they handle it? I know I'm all over the place with my approach to working in the studio... More like a fumbling big winged butterfly not knowing where to stop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is way to funny! And yes, judging from B&B, you need a lot of those beads ; - ).

    ReplyDelete