Monday, February 27, 2012

Waiting for the magic

                                            
Its hard to believe its  a month since my last post.
I don't have a lot to show for the month.  I have been working, but mostly feeling like banging my head against  wall.  I have an idea in my head that just doesn't come out in my hands or my clay.  There have been a lot of tests  and disappointments upon opening the kiln. Nothing has been quite right.  The magic isn't there.
If I would stick to what I know I'd be so much more productive but so much less interesting.
Now I am starting to panic with deadlines approaching. I have very little work completed and a lot of  ugly beads that will ends up in my flower bed.  (Thats where ugly beads go to die)
I also have been sick for the last couple of weeks with a sinus/bronchitis  thing. Very bad timing. 
I have a show this weekend, Royal Oak Artists Market, and am scrambling to get work done in between the coughing fits. 
I also am participating for the first time in the Ann Arbor Art Association's 30x30 show where artists make 30 works in 30 days and sell them at  a special event.  I am excited about this show because its pushing me to work and think differently and that might just be the magic spark I am looking for.



1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the 30 in 30 show! Sometimes it takes a definitive deadline to push you out of your comfort zone and help you to envision new horizons. I am sorry that you aren't feeling well and more that the frustration you are feeling is holding you back. I will volunteer for the ugly beads if your flower beads need a rest ;-)

    Hang in there, Miss Diane!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete