Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rust Never Sleeps But I Do

rusty heart earrings on Etsy

Rust never sleeps, but I do, except when my daughter decides to get in bed with me because she woke up early and is bored.  For some reason she believes she is doing me a kindness by waking me first thing on a weekend morning. I'd rather sleep. I'd actually rather sleep then do just about anything when it is cold and gray. Even with better living through  chemistry I still find winter turns me into a sloth. Or maybe I am really am a fancy species of bear meant to hibernate for months and come out when things start to turn green again. Or maybe I am actually not from this planet and where I come from we are not equipped to go through winter. I do not know. I would just rather be in bed under the blankets with a farting dog to keep me warm.
It's the end of January in Michigan which means things are going to feel forlorn for a few more months. The sun may occasionally  come out to tease us. I think it does this to piss me off by reminding me of what I am missing. Haha very funny. Just because someone is the center of the universe  it does not make them  nice.  Or maybe it's the clouds that are bitches and the sun is just minding its own business.
I could blame the clouds. 
For the most part its cold and gray and damp. Cold and gray and lots of rust. So I try to find beauty in things that are not pretty. You have to do that to live through these winters.
That and lots of 3 buck chuck.

3 comments:

  1. Winter is pretty miserable here too Diane. We'll get through it together! We just need something big to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold is rubbish, snow is overrated and summer can't come quick enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,I'm with you. I'd love to pull the warm covers up over my head and sleep all morning.
    But I see much beauty in the winter - a stack of firewood, the silhouette of bare branches on the grey sky, squirrels flying from one branch to another, ice in a bird bath. So many pretty scenes.
    Of course, spring flowers are much prettier!!

    ReplyDelete